Hello – Aloha – Konnichiwa! Welcome to Life’s Sweet Essentials, a blog about those things we all need and how to make the most of them. We’ve all been given this
amazing opportunity and I believe in embracing every moment. Life’s too short to settle
for anything less. So lets discover the wonder in what could otherwise be mundane.
- Food. We need food and water for sustenance, but why stop there. If there is one thing that can bring people together it is food. I am very fortunate to have a friend who is an exquisite cook. I have learned so much from him and hope to pass along some of the delectable tips that I have picked up over the years.
- Clothing. What was originally critical for protection from the elements has grown to be what I think is the most accessible art form on the planet. Society demands we have it, so why not flaunt it. For me what I wear is usually a reflection of my mood. Sometimes simple and sometimes frilly. I love to shop, and thanks to a childhood spent at my grandmother’s side, I also adore sewing.
- Shelter. Like clothing, shelter is critical for protection from the elements. But I firmly believe in the saying, “Home Sweet Home.” Home to me is a sanctuary; it is where I feel safe and free to be myself. I invest a great deal of time, money and energy into it making my home a bright and happy place. That extra investment puts me in the right mental state to tackle what ever the world throws at me.
- Money. It is a reality of the world we live in, so go for it! I remember starting out after college with $200 in the bank, a full tank of gas and nothing else but big dreams. I have been very fortunate and hope I can pass on some of the wisdom that has helped in my success.
- Lucky Pack. The cool thing about life is that it is full of surprises. Let’s see what happens.