Looking for a more grown up take on Halloween decorations this year? Pottery Barn continues to deliver with their seasonal collection. I’ve already picked out my favorites. But I never like selecting all my decorations from one source; it can result in a flat style. Adding in some real pumpkins adds another layer and natural texture. I am in love with the white pumpkin trend which when paired with an Edgar Allan Poe worthy Raven will create a striking black and white palette. Mix in a few pieces of silver mercury glass and you have a very chic display and a modern departure from the kitschy orange and black of our childhood.
- A simple display of a lightly stenciled pumpkin on a black cake stand would be attractive on an entryway table or to spice up a kitchen island.
- Put your DIY skills to use by adding a stark black crow or reversing out some polka dots with paint for an interesting vignette on the porch. Adding Spanish moss is more high brow than fake spider webs and gives off an eerie withered with time impression.
- Lining a staircase with white pumpkins makes major impact with little effort.
- Pottery Barn’s stately crows would be a show stopper in a bookcase display.
- Rhinestones and Victorian silhouette portraits add some razzle dazzle and a personal touch no store bought decoration can provide.
- Bring in more of the outdoors with white branches with leaves sprayed black for a dramatic floral display.
- Say farewell to plastic jack-o-lanterns and hello to contemporary glass alternatives.
What do you think of a black and white haunted Halloween setting?