T-minus 39 days and counting. Today’s birthday wish is to visit…
I am particularly excited to see Tsukiji Market before it is moved to its new location. Their move has been delayed but just the same it is a now-or-never experience. There are actually 5 wishes for the Tsukiji district:
- Tsukiji Market – You might have expected my first stop to be Harajuku, and for all I know it might be, but I am truly elated to, after all these years, stroll the fish market. I am a pescatarian after all and rather fond of Life’s Sweet Essential – Food.
- Namiyoke Inari Shrine – My travel buddy might not be as into this as me, but I just adore all the temples and shrines. I can’t wait to see the big Lioness (shishi) that represent the Gods Inari and Benzaiten.
- Hamarikyu Garden – I am very hopeful that I will be able to get a glimpse of the end of Cherry Blossom season. While I will be there late in the season, I am sure that the garden will still have plenty of spring flora to offer.
- Tsukiji Honganji Temple – I love that Japan has balanced both the Shinto and Buddhist pantheons in such harmony. In particular, this temple has me intrigued for its additional influence from Indian Hinduism.
- Tamasushi Kitaro Tsukiji – This sushi restaurant looks out of this world! Their website makes me drool just thinking about the sushi that awaits us.
Note to self: I should try and collect charms and phone straps as a way to commemorate the trip.