Good news. My Bodyline package arrived today. Which gives me plenty of time before the summer festival to make my wa lolita yukata. Despite the unbearable heat, I went straight to work today making the pattern. (Seriously Mother Nature, enough with the 100 degree temperature.)
Using a technique called a “rub off” I deconstructed the Bodyline dress into its pattern pieces. Basically a rub off pattern is when you follow the lines of a garment using paper and pins to reverse engineer the pattern from the finished piece. This particular dress is comprised of 5 main pieces for the top. I didn’t follow the traditional rub off method as the shapes on this dress were very basic and were easy to follow using muslin, some pins and a pencil while the garment was turned inside out.
The skirt is a basic lolita cupcake shape for which I don’t need a pattern. A large rectangle, some gathered fabric for a ruffle and some elastic will do nicely.
But all of this will have to wait now until next weekend. Popping off tomorrow on a short business trip. I lose a weekend day of creativity, but c’est la vie. Work pays for my happy-go-lucky lifestyle!